Monday, September 21, 2009

Update

See that little cheesey thing I added to the corner of my blog? Hopefully this will help me keep track of how far along I am as well. I keep forgetting!

I went to Target today in the hopes of finding some maternity pants. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then Old Navy. HA!!!!!!!!

Lord, maternity pants are AWFUL. And since I'm not working at a job where I need to wear anything remotely nice/professional, I'm having trouble rationalizing the purchase of a hot pair of maternity True Religions. So I bought one of those Bella Bands- finally!- to hold up my regular jeans. Haven't tried it on yet, though.

Maternity tops were also a no-go. So I bought longer wife beaters & some long shirts for layering. I figure that I'll buy nicer stuff for Thxgiving/Xmas/weddings closer to the date- I don't know how big I'll be. *Fingers crossed I can fit into clothes I already own!*

I'm increasingly anxious something will go wrong since people are starting to invest in our baby! Eeeks!! I keep reading others' blogs about baby deaths & pregnancies gone wrong, and *fingers crossed* I'm blessed w a normal pregnancy & normal birth & normal baby, etc...

I'll sign on later w something a bit more amusing. Perhaps I'll photograph my hot new bella band.

4 comments:

Mec said...

I have to admit that I didn't see the baby countdown thing comming. I know I don't really know you know you but I feel like I know you. Anyway, it made me laugh because "weeds and baby" (your line) countdown things don't really go together. OK, I really am glad it's there because I love seeing how close you are to one of the most amazing moments of your life! And it's a great reminder of when you get to party like an adult again!

M said...

i know!!!! but i'm ashamed to admit it's been so difficult for me to keep track of what week i'm at- how not maternal of me!

that is a dual countdown indeed! at 40 weeks, i am able to drink wine again. i miss it more than anything.

M said...

A dual countdown! God, I love that idea. It saves me from the shame of having a cheesey counter on my page.

"I have been sober for 22 weeks and 5 days." And less than 18 more weeks to go! This will be my first sober Thanksgiving, Xmas and New Year's in about a million yrs.

Mec said...

How popular would you be at an AA meeting if you stood up and said "Hi, my name is M and I have been sober for 22 weeks and 5 days. And less than 18 more weeks to go!" I'm laughing really hard now! BTW - I have much respect for AA, I just couldn't let this one go by.