Friday, September 25, 2009

Prenatal Yoga

The female status of my fetus has been confirmed.

4 weeks ago my placenta was "low lying." If this persists, it's called placenta previa and means you'll need a c-section. Worst case: you start spotting and go on bed rest- or you die from blood loss. So they had me return in 4 weeks- because at 19 wks, you're baby/uterus are in the midst of growing & the placenta moves all over the place.

I'm proud to announce my placenta has moved "up." So I can get laid, exercise, not be on bed rest & have the option of a vaginal birth (though a c-section doesn't sound like such a bad option).

Yesterday I attempted pregnancy yoga. It was the most boring & least fulfilling work out I've ever had. At one point the instructor stated, 'Put one hand on your stomach and one hand over your heart. BREATHE. Because there is life inside of you. BREATHE. Breathe for the life inside of you.' My eyes were watering from the combination of cheesiness & holding back my own vomit. If my daughter is anything like me, she'll be relieved to know that I saved her from this prenatal mother-daughter bonding experience.

No comments: