Sunday, September 27, 2009

Follow Up

So it's unclear what base (if any) ole' SIL (J's sister) reached on her vacation.

What I DO know, though, (via J) is that this dude asked her to stay another week so they could do "western" things together-riding horses, etc.... SHE DECLINED!!!! Alright. You hate your job (and are contemplating quitting it), spend every waking moment b*tching about being eternally single & are miserable about every aspect of your life BECAUSE you are single-What the h*ll does this girl have to lose?

She reasoned that she'd just take a full week "some other time." She never will. Is this self-sabotage? A risk-averse character trait that results in failing to carpe diem at life's most critical moments?

Perhaps I'm overdramatizing her mistake. Perhaps I just really wanted her to spend the holidays out west. Perhaps I wanted to enjoy my Thanksgiving dinner in peace. Perhaps this is more about me & my hopes/dreams and less about her.

Anyway, last night I got a phone call from a prviate number at 1:40am. I had been in bed for like hours. We went to watch the Notre Dame game (which I could take/leave) w 2 friends. The night was really sober & boring for me. At half time & I came home and promptly passed out- true to my pregnant nature. So when my phone rang at 1:40am, I got creeped out. Back in the day, my night was just beginning at 1:40.

4 comments:

The Blind said...

I'm confused--it sounds like it's better for you that she declined. I thought he asked if she could stay an extra week--as in this week. So, if she declined now, then maybe she'll go over the holidays. I mean, she might not have a ton of time off and it seems like she comes home sort of often...so maybe she's running out of vacation time.

As you can tell, i'm still holding out hope.

I like that he asked her to do "western things" though. That's one of the most romantic things I've heard in awhile.

M said...

I hadn't considered the romance of it, but you're right. It is romantic. The idea of someone wanting to be romantic w her is so foreign to me. Maybe he's "the one"!

Also, I'm going to hold out hope w you- maybe she will pick the holidays. I will keep you all posted!

The Blind said...

Did you find out his "status?" I mean, considering who we're talking about, I'm with you--he could have like 5 wives and 30 children and I'd be like--go for it. Anyway, I do kind of hope he's single though because then there's a better chance he doesn't have holiday plans other than "doing western things" with his special lady. Also...much better chance that he's "the one" and will take her far, far away.

M said...

Due to my self-induced 3 month hiatus from the ole' fam & j's desire to NOT encourage follow up phone calls, we're unsure. But all signs point to single. He originally left Chi-town to move west for his gf after heavy flirting w SIL. 6 months later he finds out SIL is planning a trip west & invites her to stay w him. If he moved out west to be w his gf, they were probably living together. So my guess is they broke up. She told me all this before the surprise party.

My ears are wide open, though & I'll be sure to spread the word.