Monday, September 7, 2009

Long Story Short

J & I decided to save some cash & road trip it South, staying in Super 8s and drinking 40's & O'Doul's.

It was totally awesome.

The first motel we stayed in was scary as h*ll. After din & touring Williamsburg one night, we headed back to our hotel room & this shady dude was outside. I didn't think anything of it until I started watching the news- the VA Tech shooting of that college couple was on. I snuck over to the window & peaked out (naturally, all the lights were on in our hotel room & outside was pitch black- terrible spying conditions). Shady dude was across the parking lot looking in my direction. I was convinced I was dead. So I made J prop up a chair underneath the door knob and we slept w the lights on. Both nights. How crazy am I?

The second hotel was luxurious. We felt safe, there were irons in the room, huge beds, clean & soft bedding. This hotel was not a Super 8.

But the 3rd hotel was a gem. We walked in & our "clean" towels were hanging from a bag on the door knob. All doors were left open until you went in and manually locked them. A huge, dirty lazy boy sat in the corner of the room. J & I traversed the street to the 7-11 to get beer (& non-alcoholic for me), returned to the room. In his undershirt, J effortlessly pulled the recliner up to the TV & drank his 40 whilst watching TV. My dream boat. A real natural. There's a little bit of white trash in all of us.

No comments: