Friday, August 21, 2009

Baby Fun

Baby-sitting went well. The only real drawback was their huge lab. Whenever I'd try to make baby giggle or smile or happy by making crazy noises and faces, the lab would overexcite and jump up on me. This wouldn't be so bad if his nails weren't daggers and he didn't weigh 110 lbs. He also stole my phone and ate it. It took 2 hours of me fiddling w it to make it work again. Whew. How many nights at Red Lobby would it take to pay for that sucker? :)

Either way, my moves did generate a few laughs and I found myself loving the little guy- although he was indeed difficult to please. As a boyfriend- I'd dump him. But as a nephew- I don't mind if his high maintenance a$$ sticks around for awhile. My bro and SIL appeared more relaxed in person- they were really excited for me to bond w their son, which was cute. SIL even acted like a normal person. I eagerly told J that maybe she's normal. He reminded me that she's not normal w the ability to play crazy, but she's crazy by default- w the occasional ability to pull it together.

7 more days til I found out (a) if my kid is okay & (b) it's gender. The suspense is killing me.

2 comments:

Mec said...

Glad the babysitting gig worked out. SIL was probably just wearing a "normal suit" for the day even though there was no need for a costume. Still crazy. Now onto the step dad. I wouldn't mind so much if someone was re-writing my family history for the better, taking out some of the really crazy stuff. But to re-write it worse... step dad needs to step off!

The Blind said...

"Step dad needs to step off" --awesome.