Monday, August 17, 2009

Illustrations

Firstly, here's the green table w the flowers from Miss AFMF. The green is a bit more blue-green than I originally anticipated, but I figured I'd repaint it in a few months anyway. So long as my "visions" continue....

I officially gained 7 pounds- all in one week. This mornng I decided to take some pictures. Above, is my belly sucked in. When I apply to jobs (or... one job), this was how I looked. I believe I was wearing a hoodie to dispel any suspicions. Now that I look at the picture, though, it could easily pass as "not pregnant and simply wearing an ill-fitting tank top." When you tack on 7 pounds to your stomach, though, it feels VERY different. Those jeans only button with the aid of a rubber band. Both unreliable and uncomfortable. This is my stomach not sucked in. As you can see, I'm wearing a strapless bright red bra with a semi-see-through tank top. The bra cuts into my sides like nobody's biz. Both items of clothing were worn yesterday and I plucked them off the floor this morning specifically for picture-taking purposes. I'm back in my PJs. Oh, and I'm also wearing a Hollister tank top. I recognize that I'm too old for this store. But it's cheap, so......... I still shop there. Yikes!
I spent this weekend painting chairs (yay! I won!) and the radiator (tan). J found some mold in our basement (which we never use) and is convinced there's $10K of structural mold damage to our house. We're serious homeowner newbies and didn't realize the importance of keeping a dehumidifier in the basement. Needless to say, we bought one and are in the process of cleaning out the basement. As a pregnant chick, though, I can't inhale mold OR do any heavy lifting- I'm not much help. AMEN on the heavy lifting. J usually gets frustrated at me when we're lifting dressers, beds, and couches (we've moved a lot)- he's accused me of "not trying." I can't open a f'ng jelly jar- why the hell would he think I was able to lift a SOFA? I remind him that he married a GIRL, not a butch-lesbian or a man. Or one of those girls who prides themselves on their arm strength- they exist & some of them are my friends. I pride myself on no such thing.




1 comment:

The Blind said...

The table looks cool. I'm getting super into painted furniture these days.