Tomorrow evening J's work is having its annual summer picnic. Back in the day, I looked forward to this: I would get wasted and eat lobster tails. Nothin' wrong w that!
But I'm developing some new "ways."
Firstly, I can't drink (obviously). This decreases my excitement about social events. A lot. Isn't this sad? It's so true, though. I feel like a mere spectator at life now. I miss wine.
Second, I'm developing a serious phobia about leaving the house. The mere thought of it makes me panic. I'm scared!! What if i get into a car accident and nobody will take both dogs together??!!!! What if the dogs' new owners are mean to them or carelessly let them loose? What if they starve? What if they're sent to the kennel? What if they feel pain? This crazy side of me always existed, but it's worsening with my new career (as a stay-at-home Dog Mom).
Third, my stomach is definitely getting fat. This makes getting dressed and clothes shopping the opposite of fun. I wear yoga pants or womens' boxers with wife beaters every day. Finding an outfit feels like an *awful lot of energy*. And finding an outfit to go somewhere to NOT drink seems insurmountable. Tack on hair and make-up- and I'm already laying back on the couch flipping through channels. Ain't gonna happen.
I'm not "depressed," though. When I hang out with my friends, I still have a great time. It's just the mingling with strangers and acquaintenances that I'm struggling with. I wish I was farther along in this pregnancy fiasco.
4 comments:
Maybe having a will would make you feel better? I know it's morbid and everything, but it might calm you down because the uncertainties would be taken care of?
ok, this will officially make me sound crazy. but i have spoken w my mom and gotten her assurance that she'd take both dogs- i know she would. but i hate my step-dad and don't trust him, ya know? same w my little bro- love him but don't trust the wife. maybe my dad would take 'em.... i'll have to ask.
why do my family members choose to marry such a$$holes??????
If all else fails, I know my parents would absolutely take Hannah, as their love for goldens knows no bounds. I'm sure Lou would be welcome too. They have a fenced in yard and experience with both breeds.
Re: social events and booze - Alcohol always makes things less uncomfortable, so I totally understand your unwillingness to go. Hopefully, no one there will be so wasted that they will ask to touch your stomach.
Thx dude. It's a deal. I want her to go w dog lovers. Lou can go w my mom in that case (or w your parents if they want a dirty little beagle- Lou couldn't care less if she's w Hannah).
Post a Comment