Monday, August 3, 2009

Tables

Ok, I'm back. I spent a few days at the beach, and then a few days recovering from what felt like the flu. It was rough because J was psyched I could finally hang and then I had no energy. We played frisbee golf anyway.

I also cleaned the disgusting first floor of our house and got a library card. I've been reading Barbara Walters' autobiography Audition like crazy. I was in the mood for non-fiction, and biographies aren't usually that complicated. I keep trying to tell J all these "interesting" facts about B. Walters and he's like, 'Wow... interesting.....' SIGH- if only he were a GIRL.

Oh, and J & I painted our kitchen table green. I was totally shocked that he was into this project. I definitely thought I'd have to paint it in stealth, as he'd shun the idea of a green table. But he was on board!!! And he even did all the sanding (to protect me from fumes) & 3/4 of the painting. He's hell bent on leaving the chairs white, though, which kind of sucks. I was contemplating painting them peach or yellow. The lesson: Do what you want and deal w the consequences later- otherwise, your plans will be thwarted and destroyed by compromise. (Originally J only agreed to paint the TOP of the table green- he wanted to leave the pedestal white. But I just blatantly began to paint it green. He totally called me out on it. At first I said I forgot. He said "Bullsh*t" and told me I was deceitful. I was then honest- I admitted my deceit but then told him that I knew best. And then made sure to stress that it was just a kitchen table, so he'd feel dumb if he stayed mad. He's over it.)

The table looks awesome with the beautiful flowers sent to me by Miss AFMF for taking the bar!!! Totally brightened my week. They're the most beautiful flowers I've ever received.

I will take a picture of the entire ensemble today after I'm through deferring my student loans due to unemployment.

No comments: