So last night was FIL's retirement party. The in-laws were covertly planning this for months. The amount of drama leading up to a few cocktails with friends was inexplicable. One would think they were planning a black tie wedding. I remained silent and as uninvolved as possible. When people asked for my opinion, I'd simply respond, "Sure. That's great. It all looks nice." Or "Great idea. Go for it."
They ended up renting glassware, fighting over paper plates, fighting over stream locations, fighting over whether we were allowed to converse whilst waiting for FIL to walk in (this was SIL, naturally). And on. And on. And on.
SIL stayed w us since Thursday. It was hell. Then Hannah chewed on the heel of her super old shoe (which we obviously then paid to have fixed). Then she ordered me around all weekend, asking me to do her laundry, get her q-tips, loudly talking to herself in the living room while I was obviously watching Obama give Ted Kennedy's eulogy, ordering around J- which was doubly annoying- to put her stuff in his car, purchase more balloons for this wretched celebration, get her coffee in the morning. Then she'd (yet again) reminisce about a boyfriend she broke up w 15 years ago and all the corresponding regret. After spending 2 solid days w her a$$, it is no wonder that she's single and has been for 14 years.
2 comments:
The SIL stuff never ceases to amaze me. Mine put a picture of me in a swimsuit on FB. It is unfortunate that taking the High Road while knocked up is frowned upon as that might have made her visit a bit more tolerable. Don't let her come back until after the baby is born!
My thoughts exactly! The end of the party ended w her getting way too pissed off at J for not "being a darling and running to get her an ashtray." He politely refused and she became furious. I'm hoping she's so mad that she'll celebrate the holidays elsewhere.
Bathing suit picture on FB is just plain mean. I hate asking people to take down FB pics, but I've done it.
Post a Comment