Ok, I'm stealing this from http://www.creepymommy.blogspot.com/ - not sure how to do the link thing.
You're supposed to write 10 things that people don't know about you. This is difficult because I'm really open about everything. This sounds a lot like that "25 things" from facebook that I was a huge fan of-- mainly because it was an ideal time waster during law school class. I'm allotting myself 5 minutes to do this before I shut the computer down for the day:
1. I don't know when I lost my virginity (nor do I really care to take the time to think back). This is because there were multiple close calls. And during the time I was having close calls, I no longer cherished my virginity like I did when I was young & prude.
2. I also don't know how many people I've had sex with. Not because the number is so huge, but because I've always been indifferent.
3. Sometimes I feel like the only person I know who doesn't have HPV.
4. And because of #3, I feel like I've dodged a pretty huge bullet- because EVERYONE has HPV.
5. In college, I used to buy weed from this Indian dude who lived in an apartment building across the street. He always had the same group of friends over, so I got to know them (as acquaintances). One time, they asked if I wanted to smoke with them before I left. I said Ok. He said they were smoking peyote. I said Ok. So, long story short: I smoked peyote. It looked like a long, black play-doh snake. I secretly pretended I was a Native American. We watched Family Guy. I just felt super relaxed and high. Then I left. It was fun.
6. I will not let my kids attend NYU. Not an option.
7. I genuinely HATE being hit on by dudes & always have. I can tell you from the bottom of my heart, I was never someone who enjoyed attention from guys. I found/find it irritating- mainly because it always ends awkward and bad: me rejecting them & them not understanding and, most importantly, not going away. ESPECIALLY at bars or at the gym.
8. Ya know those people who say: "I can never be alone. I need to be with someone at all times. I hate being alone" (and they don't mean romantically necessarily, just with people in general?) I find they're usually the least interesting and desirable to be around.
9. One time I stole the hammer of the step-father of my arch enemy who lived next door. We were 10. It must have been a golden hammer because the entire neighborhood was up in arms over it. The girl's mom tried to blame it on my older brother (who has never been a thief). The next day I had a change of heart and wanted the mess to go away, so I left the hammer on their doorstep & told the girl at the bus stop that I found it in the bushes. At that point, everyone HAD to know I took it. Why the f*ck did I confess?
10. When I was in kindergarten, I had a guinea pig named Mickey. I showered him with love. I read him books, helped him climb the stairs (I used my lunch box as his stepping stool to assist him up each stair). Then he got really sick and couldn't walk anymore. He slept in a box every night next to my bed. I vividly recall watching him struggle to stand, believing that he would get well. My mom took him to work (at the hospital) so that he could recover. She worked night shifts. The morning after she took him to work, I waited anxiously on the couch for her to return home. Out the window I saw her pull up and began jumping up and down with a huge, hopeful smile on my face. Her hands were empty as she walked toward the front door and she sadly shook her head "no." I was devastated. This memory still makes me cry. Childhood is nothing short of traumatizing.
No comments:
Post a Comment