Saturday, July 25, 2009

Chinese Lessons

So I'm laying on my bed, memorizing shit as usual. Outside my window I can hear that my neighbors have hired some sort of Chinese language tutor for their 15 month old son. It's the most amusing and distracting thing I've ever encountered.

As a non-parent- my perspective. LAME. Do they really their f'ng son is really going to become bilingual? Or like this Chinese/Japanese language f'ng genious? I mean, the kids current hobby is picking up all the rocks in the front yard. This language lesson is a total f*g joke.

I'm slightly biased bc J's nephew takes Chinese language lessons also (he's like 4 & has been taking them for awhile now) & as he grows older, he becomes more and more isolated from his peers- trouble in school, depressed persona, won't follow directions. Perhaps socializing your children (via- gasp- daycare or organized play groups or SOMETHING) is a basic skill we should nail down first, eh? The basics- ever heard of 'em?

If I become a parent (See how paranoid I am about this pregnancy?): I'll probably enroll my kid in the craziest and most useless lessons. Like how to play the harp. Or cross country running for toddlers. Or learning Swahili. So I'm totally making fun of it now, but in 3 years, I'll be on my way to pick my kid up from his Nerd Lessons.

Either way- this kid either needs a sibling STAT- to bring his mom back down to earth so she gets off his WASPy back OR his mom (who is super freaking nice, so I shouldn't be insulting her) needs a hobby other than doting on this chap. Bc at this point, fluent in Chinese or not, he doesn't stand a chance.

No comments: