Thursday, July 16, 2009

A little bit more...

Thank you for the advice and congratulations! It means a lot. The only time that this ordeal feels real is when I'm having an ultrasound. I feel like I'm invading the privacy of the little guy/girl (I find out in 5 weeks). When I saw his feet and his little back arch, all I could think was, 'That's a baby!' Deep thoughts, ya know?

What I'm truly enjoying, though, is my new acne. I forgot how much fun it is to attempt to cover enormous, painful zits with foundation: foundation that cakes on your skin in all the dry places & looks like a pool of grease everywhere else. I love waking up to new zits in new places (like my shoulder, or underneath my chin on my neck).

But in all seriousness, I was shocked at how attached I became to the little guy. I never thought I'd be the type. In my 8th week, the doctor requested that I go for an emergency ultrasound because I was "measuring small" for 8 weeks (meaning my uterus, not my stomach). I was positive that I killed it. Through my tears, I ate a plate of fries & downed a gallon of water. When the ultrasound tech stated, nonchalantly under her breath, "There's the baby..... there's the heartbeat," it felt like someone had lifted a 2 ton weight off of my chest. Isn't that crazy? I'm usually so nice and emotionally controlled (or so I strive to be- other than the occasional outburst of anger).

Anyway, back to learning more about Landlord-Tenant law.

No comments: